How Occupational Therapy Works to Help Regain Skills Used Every Day
The Occupational Therapy discipline focuses on necessary everyday functions, tasks, and activities that individuals want and need to try to accomplish independently throughout the course of a typical day.
Hamlin Place’s OT programs begin with individualized evaluations that develop a therapeutic treatment plan for adults seeking to recover all levels of independence that may have declined or been reduced, due to unavoidable injuries or illnesses, or as a result of hospitalizations, surgeries, disease processes, chronic conditions, or advanced age.
At Hamlin Place, a team of licensed and certified Occupational Therapy professionals will assess your needs and initiate treatments, providing you an opportunity to regain skills and achieve your maximum level of independence, as you progress towards your return back home into your community. The Hamlin Place OT team will utilize a comprehensive plan developed especially for each individual participant, including tailored discharge plans that incorporate guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
Occupational Therapy treatment modalities include:
- Re-training and teaching daily functional tasks towards independence (dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting)
- Fall prevention education and training
- Functional mobility
- Exercises and training designed to improve endurance, strength, coordination and balance
- Cognitive and perceptual training
- Homemaking and home management skills